Red Thai Meatball Curry

I found this recipe in the Good Food mag this month, so I tried it for Mr TK in the week.  I was amazed, he really liked it!  I served it with noodles.

RED THAI MEATBALL CURRY

500g beef mince
2 red chillies
thumb size piece ginger, grated
1 egg
1 tbsp veg oil
1 1/2 tbsp thai red curry paste
400ml can coconut milk
225g can bamboo shoots - I didn't have any, so left this out
140g fine green beans
juice of 1 lime
basil
noodles to serve

I also added, some chopped red pepper and half a chopped courgette

Put the mince into a bowl with the chopped chilli, ginger and egg, season generously.  Mix well with your hands, then shape into about 20 meatballs. 

Heat the oil in a frying pan, then brown the meatballs for about 5 mins. 


Then tip out onto a plate.  Add the curry paste, fry for 1 min, then pour in the coconut milk and half a can of water - although, I didn't add any water to this as didn't want too much sauce, so just added the coconut milk.  Bring back to the boil and stir to make a smooth sauce. 

Return the meatballs to the pan with the bamboo shoots (if using), beans, red pepper and courgettes.  Simmer for 5 mins until the beans etc., are tender and the meatballs cooked through. 


To serve: season the sauce with salt and pepper and lime juice, then tear in the basil leaves. 


Very quick and simple to make!

Comments