CHAMPAGNE BOTTLE BIRTHDAY CAKE
This was another cake that I did this week, this time for
my son, Josh, who is celebrating his 30th Birthday on Tuesday and a ‘surprise’
party was organised for him last night.
I decided to do a cake in the shape of a champagne bottle
which sat on top of another cake which was surrounded by fondant icing to form
a crate for the bottle.
First of all, I made the cake in the shape of a bottle with a chocolate sponge recipe, which was then split and filled with buttercream chocolate icing and then covered in fondant icing.
I then airbrushed the cake with a deep bottle green colour:
The cake was then left to dry overnight and I then made the second cake, vanilla sponge with chocolate chips in, which was made in a large oblong tin and cut into two and then was sandwiched together with a vanilla buttercream icing.
Whilst this one was drying, I then made the sides of the crate using gumpaste with a wood effect pattern on. This was then placed in the fridge overnight to harden. It was then airbrushed with a brown colour to make it look like the sides of a wooden crate.
The following day, the sides were attached to the oblong sponge with blobs of buttercream and the finishing touches were added to the bottle including an edible rice paper label.
The bottle was then secured on top of the crate using support rods inserted into the sponge and grated white chocolate was added around the bottle to look like shavings.
Et voila!
A very lovely evening and everyone enjoyed the cake - including the Birthday Boy!





Comments
Post a Comment