I have just spent the last week down in the Dordogne. For my job, I had to go away on a course down to a lovely area of France and a bit better weather. So after a 6 hour drive, I arrived at my destination, and I must say, very tired. The weather was superb, and very hot! There were three others staying at the same Chambres d'hotes as me. We were greeted by the host with a lovely glass of chilled white wine, and sat out under a tree in the garden.
Not just an ordinary Chambres d'hotes, but a very impressive chateau!
The bedrooms were also very lovely, I had the room with the four poster bed!
My friend's room was also gorgeous!
The large hall outside our bedrooms
The rear of the Chateau
We had a very intensive three day course at Head Office and were taken out in the evening to some really lovely restaurants.
One of the restaurants that we went to was at a place called Brantome which is called the 'Venise du Perigord' and was about half an hour from the Chateau. This was an amazing place and so pretty. Unfortunately, we did have a bit of rain that evening. We managed to get to the restaurant early, so we were able to have a walk around and take some pictures.
Of course, this is the 'foie gras' area, no good for me though, being a veggie!
The hotel/restaurant where we ate - we had the most amazing food!
It was a really lovely trip, very tiring as I said, but well worth it. My trip home wasn't so good, I left wonderful hot weather, hit a torrential thunder storm and also got stuck in lots of traffic and just near to home it was foggy. In all, it took me 7 1/2 hours to get home.
So now it's back to work!
Monday, 14 June 2010
Well, Alice the farrier arrived this morning to shoe the 'girls', but by late this afternoon Dill had lost one of them! Oh brilliant! So she has now got to come back again on Thursday to put it back on again!
Can't believe how things have grown since I was away, some of the flowers are looking really pretty in the garden and the veg in the garden and the polytunnel are doing well. So I just had to go out with the camera and take a few pics!
My favourite rose in the garden
All the friesia's are now coming out in flower as well
My favourite flowers.....lillies
A few courgettes are ready now to pick
A La Prochaine!








Comments
Post a Comment